ABOUT The Canadian Fence Association
The Canadian Fence Asscoation is a non-profit organization whose members include professional contractors, retailers, agents, wholesalers and manufacturers of fence products and related service. We are dedicated to representing high construction standards as well as a high level of ethical business behavior in a competitive market place.
If you are interested in becoming a member review the benefit section and find out more on the Canadian Fence Association, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
If you are interested in advertising on this site, in our magazine or at any of our events send an e-mail and one of our staff will get back to you with more information.
Legal Name: Canadian Fence Industry Association
Registered Trade Name: Canadian Fence Assocation (2023)
Code of Ethics
The Canadian Fence Asssociation follows a strict code of ethics to ensure we provide the best service to our members.
- To properly and effectively serve the needs of the ultimate user or consumer of the companies products or services.
- To provide a professional, competitive and successful program that will establish and maintain the integrity of the fence industry.
- To advertise or communicate to any person or company by conversation, correspondence, newspapers, magazines, radio, television or any other means of communication:
- Factual information only concerned with growth of the company of its of operating outlets at the time of communication.
- True and proper representation of all policies, products and any other important information which has influence on the consumer.
- Ethical consumer advertising, to avoid any misleading claims such as, but not limited to false comparisons, untrue, unproven or exaggerated statements, trick photography or omission of pertinent facts.
- Indicate to the purchaser; in published price lists, catalogues, and mailings, that differences in gauges, weights, sizes, grades, etc., do exist in steel and wood fences.
- That all products furnished and sold to consumers through, by, or upon the recommendation of the company shall be as represented, and manufactured with ingredients or materials of acceptable standards approved by the applicable trade, profession or industry.
- That it shall completely avoid, by demonstration and action and shall encourage its personnel to avoid, illegal practices of any sort.
- That it shall respect all contracts, pay all obligations, maintain a good credit rating, and in other respects follow the highest standards of business conduct.
- That it shall not, in any way, copy or represent the trademark or other distinguishing marks of other companies with intent to mislead the public.
- That it shall assume the moral obligation to conduct continuing research in its field, to increase its knowledge with respect to all phases of it business operation to assist it in maintaining a competitive position, achieving better performance and obtaining maximum profits.
The CFIA Code of Ethics is worth no more than the sum total of it's parchment and ink -- unless it is used as a behavioral guide by it's members of the fence industry. If used it can become almost priceless.